.

Friday, August 30, 2019

Primark Sales Assistant Personal Qualities Essay

Now I am supervisor I will have to†¦ because a part of my new role will be†¦ * This will enable me to†¦. * If I do not †¦. then †¦.. will happen. As a retail sales assistant I had to have good communication skills which enabled me to communication effectively with customers and colleagues. Now I am a supervisor I will have to have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely instructions to the retail sales assistants so they are able to complete the task to a high standard . I will also have to give feedback to retail sales assistants on their performance . If I do not communicate clearly the retail sales assistants may be unable to complete their tasks to their highest possible standard and may use the grievance procedure if they fell they do not understand the tasks/ timescales being set . As a retail sales assistant I had to have the ability to work within a team which allowed me to integrate into the department so on a day to day basis the business flowed smoothly and I was able to discuss any issues I had with colleagues. This enabled me to work effectively with the other staff members with no issues. Now I am a supervisor I will have to have be able to work and manage a team of retail sales assistants because a part of my new role will be include managing the retail assistants which includes dealing performance issues and carrying out appraisals . If I do not work within a team the sales assistants will be unclear of what is expected of them and they will become demotivated and eventually leave. As a retail sales assistant I had to have the ability to work within timescale which enabled me to always meet deadlines and keep a consistent high standard of work. Now I am a supervisor I will need excellent time management skills as I will be planning and organising regularly , this will enable me to organising the staff rota including lunch , tea breaks , overtime and holidays. If I was unable to do this the sales assistants would not get all their breaks and be over worked. As a retail sales assistant I had to have the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment which enabled me to work efficiently in prime time and handle the mass amount of customers. Now I am a supervisor I will have to be able to teach sales assistants on how to work under pressure and I will have to deal with customer complaints quickly. If I was unable to do this the sales assistants would be unable to work under pressure and there would be long queues on the tills and fitting rooms and the employees would eventually leave. As a retail sales assistant I had to have an awareness of customer care which enabled me to provide good customer service skills and ensured satisfaction of all the customers. Now I am a supervisor I will have to have excellent customer service skills because a part of my new role will be dealing with customer complaints. This will enable me to deal appropriately with customers and ensure that Primark’s reputation is not harmed. If I did not have excellent customer service skills I would be unable to respond to customer complaints in an appropriate manner and this would result in unhappy customers. Now I am a supervisor I will have to have the ability to deal with conflict and people skills which will enable me to resolve any issues between customers and retail sale assistants and confidently help customers. A part of my new role will be managing and motivating a team of sales assistants . This will include dealing with performance issues and carrying out appraisals . If I do not have good people skills and do not have the ability to deal with conflict the sales floor will be hectic because of the unresolved issues and the customers would receive poor customer service as a result of this . Now I am a supervisor I will need to have technical skills on how to use the stock ordering system and using numeracy skills to analyse sales and figures. As well as having a knowledge of the company refund policy and the ability to use the supervisor function on the tills. This will enable me to be able to order stock , analyse figures , use the supervisor function on the tills and give out refunds. If I did not have technical skills I would be unable to give customers refunds and order stock , the result of this would be unhappy customers . Now I am a supervisor I will need to have interview skills which will enable me to co-interview potential retail sales assistants along side the HR manager. This will enable me to interview the candidates appropriately without discrimination and be able to help select the best possible candidate . If I did not have good interview skills I would be unable to interview the retail sales assistants and then the best possible candidate may not be selected. Now I am a supervisor I will need to have coaching and motivational skills . This will enable me manage and motivating a team of sales assistants. This will include ensuring sales floor standards are met and managing prime time. As well as managing and motivating a team of sales assistants . This will include dealing with performance issues and carrying out appraisals . If I do not have coaching and motivational skills the employees would get demotivated and give out poor customer service which would mean unhappy customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment