.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

My Philosophy of Teaching :: Philosophy of Education

ism of Education Have you ever sat down and thought or so who your favorite instructor was during your primary and secondary educatetime years? Did you approve their class beca map it was exciting, educational, and unique? When I ascertaind to puzzle a teacher I sat down and asked myself these real questions. After graduation it was very difficult for me to decide on how to further my life, college or entering the lean force. After looking back on my life and trying to decide what has made the biggest influence on it, teaching has given me the greatest bliss and pride. This is why I have decided to become an elementary teacher. Teachers atomic number 18 very special people placed on earth to promote in the education process of children. Teachers in todays school system have their own style of teaching which can roll up from the basics of essentialism to the laid back approach of progressivism. I in person am not going to limit myself to one style of teach ing. When I become a teacher I will have an eclectic eyeshot of different philosophies and teaching styles for my classroom. Educator William Bagley coined the philosophical word essentialism in the 1930s. This marge is the traditional, or back-to-basics, approach to education. This particular style of teaching is based on lecture, discussion and recitation of reading, writing, history, social studies, foreign languages and science. This method of teaching has been the controlling since early history and is the most recognized in classrooms today. I personally know that essentialism was the school of thought used by most of my high school teachers and college professors. In my classroom I would use certain aspects of the essentialism philosophy. With the aid of the essentialism philosophy I would instill consideration of others, respect for authority and practicality for life situations. On the flip side of the essentialism coin is behaviorism. B.F. Skinn er popularized behaviorism in the fall in States. This method of teaching uses classical conditioning from the root work of Ivan Pavlov, searing thinking skills and programmed instruction. Most teachers in todays society use the behaviorism philosophy because they believe that the material is taught more effectively when it is confounded down into smaller sections in each class.

No comments:

Post a Comment